Booking now closed
Roundtable: Meeting Housing Demand, report of the House of Lords
The recent House of Lords report, Meeting Housing Demand, challenges the government’s approach to housing delivering. The recommendations of the report include reforms to the planning system, upskilling of planning professionals and changes to how social housing is delivered. These recommendations would usher in wide ranging changes to how housing is planned and delivered.
- What do we feel is slowing housing delivery in our local authority areas?
- How would local plan reform help or hinder Local Authorities?
- What resources are needed to allow Local Authorities to build more social housing?
- What tools would encourage build out of planning applications?
This roundtable discussion will explore this topic in what will be a lively and provocative conversation. Bringing together key practitioners in Kent and led by Design South East, the session will explore the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead.
The Roundtable will include:
- a provocation, or series of provocations, relating to the topic
- a chaired discussion
- a takeaways report
Hilary Satchwell – Director, Tibbalds Planning & Urban Design
The Roundtable will be chaired by Design South East Director, Chris Lamb, and will use the Chatham House rule.
Date: Thursday 24th March 2022
Time: 08.45 – 10.30am (Login from 08:35)
Format: Online via Zoom
Our Roundtables have a limited number of places and are therefore by invitation only to partner and key partner members of Kent Design. If you would like to register your interest in future invitations please email: email@example.com