Booking now closed
PART 1: Councillor CPD 2 – Layout, streets and parking
Councillor CPD 2: Layout, streets and parking
Drawing on the characteristics of well-designed places, as outlined in the recently published National Design Guide, this two-part online Councillor CPD learning event will explore how we evaluate the design quality of major applications in relation to Layout, streets and parking.
We will examine the design quality of major applications in relation to the following areas:
- Movement – accessible places for all which are easy to move around sustainably
- Uses – local services and facilities mixed and integrated within development
- Lifespan – places and buildings which are adaptable and made to last
- Dr Gillian Horn, Architect and Researcher
- Jade Huang, Architect and Design Advisor, Design South East
- Laura Lewis-Davies, Learning Manager, Design South East
The event will include:
- A live one-hour introductory webinar
- Electronic resources and suggested further reading
- A follow up live one-hour online discussion
- Date: Tuesday 08 September 2020
- Time: 6pm-7pm (login from 5:55pm for a 6pm start)
- Location: Online – We will be using Zoom as the online conferencing platform
- Follow up date: Tuesday 22 September 2020 (6pm-7pm)
This is the second of three two-part Councillor CPD learning events which focus on the evaluation of design quality for major applications. The topics range in scale from the macro to the micro, covering the following areas:
- Landscape and green infrastructure
- Layout, streets and parking
- Architecture, materials and detailing
This series of online learning events is available to Kent-based Councillors only.
Places are limited and bookings will be taken on a first come first served basis. Once the webinar is full any additional names will be added to the waiting list.
To book a place, please RSVP to the central Kent Design email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Your name
- Your Kent local authority
- Confirmation that you can access Zoom through a work or personal device
Please note: Booking is only open for the learning event, Layout, streets and parking.
The full Kent Design 20/21 programme can be found here: http://www.kentdesign.org/2020/05/01/new-202021-programme/
Please note: Initially all events will be delivered online due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.