Booking now closed
Online Learning 4: Sustainability Basics in Planning
The Kent & Medway Energy and Low Emissions Strategy sets out the steps that every resident, neighbourhood and business in the county can take to reduce carbon emissions, but what is the role of planning? How can planning champion good growth which is environmentally viable? And how can the aspirations of planning and development align to achieve net zero targets by 2030 and 2050? This online learning event explores some of the key terms and definitions relevant to planning; recent and forthcoming changes; current standards and emerging technologies, asking what is achievable and what needs to be prioritised now?
- Understand the basics of sustainability relevant to planning – key terms and definitions
- Discuss the new technologies, current building regulations and planning requirements for new build and retrofit
- Recognise the overlaps and differences in priorities between planning and development
- Recognise the steps to be taken now within planning to meet 2030 and 2050 targets, plus those which need further policy requirements
Online Learning events are designed for public and private sector practitioners with limited or some knowledge and experience of the topic, and those who would like to refresh or build on their existing knowledge.
The Online Learning event will include:
- a live guest speaker presentation and Q&A
- a live interactive workshop with activities and discussions
- a members only resource library of ‘watch again’ content, presentations, key takeaways and further reading
Laetitia Pancrazi, Sustainability Consultant, Useful Projects
Helen Goodwin, Head of Programmes, Design South East
Laura Lewis-Davies, Learning Manager, Design South East
Date: Friday 29th January 2021
Time: 9.30am – 1pm (Login opens from 09:15)
Format: Interactive online via Zoom
This online learning programme is available to Kent Design member organisations.
In order to make the webinars more manageable we are limiting the number of participants. Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis with a maximum of 2 places per member organisation. However, there will be an opportunity for further delegates to view a recording of the webinar. So feel free to provide additional names beyond the 2 places per member and we will be in touch to let them know how they can participate.
Kent/Medway local authority members: Please ensure all bookings are made through your key contact or KPOG representative who will be able to book places at this event on your behalf. If you do not know who that is please email : firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know.
To book, please email the central Kent Design email address : email@example.com with the following details:
- Name of delegate(s)
- Email address of delegate(s)
- Confirmation the delegate(s) can access Zoom through a work or personal device
Once you have successfully secured a place on this online learning programme you will receive a Zoom invitation to the webinar plus as password for the Kent Design Members resource library area where you will be able to download a copy of the webinar recording to share with your colleagues.
We will be using Zoom as the online conferencing platform. We appreciate there might be a small number of members who are unable to access Zoom, so please do let us know if you’re unable to participate and let us know which platform(s) you do have access to. We will do our best to help you participate.
Non-Kent Design members:
There are a limited number of places available to non-members. Prices are £145+VAT pp and must be booked online here.