Booking now closed
Masterclass: Shaping Liveable Neighbourhoods: Town Centre and High Street Strategies
Our town centres and high streets are undergoing unprecedented change due to the rise of online shopping and the shock of the Covid-19 Pandemic. There is a need to reimagine the role of our centres for the 21st Century.
This Kent Design online Masterclass will explore the following topics:
- Creating a vision and strategy for town centres
- Getting buy in from stakeholders and working across disciplines
- Quick wins and practical first steps
- The future of high streets
- Tactics for generating activity and interest with meanwhile uses
- Case study: Chatham’s regeneration
We will be joined by experts working in practice, who will share their experience.
NEW FORMAT! We understand it is difficult to find time for longer events so we have compressed this Masterclass to 2 hours so you can learn efficiently.
The Learning event will include:
- live speaker presentations and Q&A
- a members only resource library of presentations, key takeaways and further reading
Cany Ash, Founder / Partner, Ash Sakula Architects
Dave Harris, Head of Planning and Regeneration, Medway Council
Hugo Nowell, Director, Urban Initiatives Studio
Jan Kattein, Director, Jan Kattein Architects
Ross O’Ceallaigh, Programme Manager, Design South East
Date: Tuesday 23rd November 2021
Time: 9.30 – 11:30
Format: Interactive online via Zoom
Kent Design member organisations:
This event is included in your membership package. Ask us for a members booking code or check with your Key Contact prior to booking online. Book online here.
Non-Kent Design members:
There are a limited number of places available to non-members. The cost of individual places is £55+Vat pp. Please use the online booking button to redirect you to the event booking page.
Image credit: Design South East