Booking now closed
Knowledge Exchange Network: Major sites
Bringing together experienced officers and practitioners working on garden settlements, urban extensions and other major sites around Kent, this session will give you new insights into the process of planning, designing and realising new places and neighbourhoods.
With contributors from private practitioners and local authorities, this event is mainly about you sharing best practice, exchanging experiences and debating the issues with like-minded professionals:
- What are the challenges we face in planning substantial residential developments?
- How do we ensure the type of collaborative working that can prevent key decisions being made in isolation?
- What is the best way to integrate community engagement and get expert design support?
- What are the design and planning tools we should use to guarantee we create quality places and neighbourhoods?
- How do we ensure that both consultant team and planning authority are properly resourced to manage the process?
- Which policies and procedures help or hinder achieving the outcomes we need?
David Tittle, Head of Design Advice, Design South East
Laura Lewis-Davies, Learning Manager, Design South East
Speakers/ contributors include:
Rob Jarman & Richard Timms, Maidstone Borough Council
Chris Hawkins, DHA
Robert Rummey, Rummey Design
Nicola Kingsford, Canterbury City Council
Ben Baillie, Cooper Baillie Ltd
Fionnuala Lennon, Homes England
Duncan Berntsen & Hannah Gunner, Medway Council
Date: Friday 18th October 2019
Time: 13.00 – 16.30pm
Location: Gravesham Borough Council, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 1AU
Click HERE for directions and further information.
Message to our Local Authority members: Please check with your KPOG representative who will be able to book places at this event on your behalf.
Non-members £95.00 + Vat pp. Places can be booked online – click the link to book before 6pm on Wednesday 16th October!