Membership Update – October 2021
We are well underway with the 2021/22 Kent Design learning programme, having delivered a Briefing event and Masterclass on design codes in September. Thanks to our members and non-members who booked onto those two sessions. As speakers and dates are confirmed, more sessions will be published on the events section of Kent Design
Updates to Membership Benefits!
Given that learning events are currently being delivered online, we have revised our membership terms to give Kent Design members more benefits:
- We have removed limits on the number of places each member organisation can book for each online Masterclass and Briefing event.
- We have doubled the annual delegates cap for organisations at Partner and Member level and given our Key Partners unlimited places for delegates at online Briefings and Masterclasses.
- For Study Tours and any other in-person learning events (to be confirmed) places will be limited to 3 member places max per member organisation.
- There will be no change to membership fees.
- Finally, non-members can now attend online briefing sessions for free (previously £10 ticket price). This will help to advertise Kent Design more widely and attract more paying members, ensuring the long-term sustainability of the network and better future opportunities for networking.
We hope these changes open the door to even more members being able to attend the online events, contributing to discussions, learning design skills, and ultimately delivering well designed developments in Kent.
– We are rolling out these new benefits as a trial and may need to tweak them in the future. We will inform our members prior to any other changes.
– We are in the process of updating our ‘joining’ section of this website to reflect the updates listed above.
– We are currently exploring how to simplify and streamline our booking process. Soon, you will be able to book onto online ‘Briefings’ through a link on this website, rather than members emailing us directly, or non-members being re-directed to a third party booking site.
We look forward to seeing you all online very soon, and eventually in person!
The Kent Design team