Booking now closed
What’s Next for Housing? Conference
Design South East (formerly Kent Architecture Centre) is pleased to announce the first conference as part of Kent Design – a new collaborative programme of events to support quality in the built environment throughout Kent and Medway.
With 140,000 new homes planned for Kent and Medway to satisfy the ever-increasing demand for housing, the built environment sector has the opportunity to transform our communities and promote quality design. However, with a substantial part of the South East being an area of outstanding natural beauty and built heritage – there are a number of planning, delivery and design challenges ahead.
In order to explore and share ideas about the challenges we face to deliver quality housing in the coming 10-15 years, Kent Design invites a number of key influencers to present, discuss and debate their personal and professional views. Chaired by Keith Bradley, Partner at Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios, speakers include:
- Richard Alderton: Head of Planning and Development, Ashford Borough Council
- Henry Cleary: Chair, Housing and Development Board NEL
- Anna Scott-Marshall: Homewise/Future Homes Commission, RIBA
- Martin Hart: Managing Director, Pentland Homes
- Brian Horton: Director, Horton Strategic Limited
- Tracey Kerly: Chair of Kent Housing Group and Head of Housing, Ashford Borough Council
- Steve Nunn: Executive Director, MOAT
- Stephen Proctor: Director, Proctor and Matthews Architects
- Robert Rummey: Director, Rummey Design Associates
Members of Kent Design are invited to attend the event for free as one of the key benefits of membership. If you would like to find out more about how your organisation can become a member of Kent Design please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.