Booking now closed
PART 1: Councillor CPD 3: Architecture, materials and detailing
Drawing on the characteristics of well-designed places, as outlined in the recently published National Design Guide, this two-part online Councillor CPD learning event will explore how we evaluate the design quality of major applications in relation to architecture, materials and detailing.
We will examine the design quality of major applications in relation to the following areas:
- Built form – a coherent pattern of development for people and communities
- Homes and buildings – functional, healthy and sustainable
- Resources – efficient and resilient places and buildings
Dr Gillian Horn, Architect and Researcher
Jade Huang, Design Advisor, Design South East
Laura Lewis-Davies, Learning Manager, Design South East
The event will include:
- A live one-hour introductory webinar
- Electronic resources and suggested further reading
- A follow up live one-hour online discussion
- Date: Tuesday 24 November 2020
- Time: 6pm-7pm (login from 5:55pm for a 6pm start)
- Location: Online – We will be using Zoom as the online conferencing platform
- Follow up date: Tuesday 08 December 2020 (6pm-7pm)
This is the final two-part Councillor CPD learning event in the series which focuses on the evaluation of design quality for major applications. The topics range in scale from the macro to the micro, covering the following areas:
- Landscape and green infrastructure
- Layout, streets and parking
- Architecture, materials and detailing
This series of online learning events is available to Kent-based Councillors only.
Places are limited and bookings will be taken on a first come first served basis. Once the webinar is full any additional names will be added to the waiting list.
To book a place, please RSVP to the central Kent Design email address email@example.com with the following details:
- Your name
- Your Kent local authority
- Confirmation that you can access Zoom through a work or personal device
The full Kent Design 20/21 programme can be found here: Kent Design 20/21 programme
Please note: Initially all events will be delivered online due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.