Booking now closed
Masterclass : Introduction to Urban Design Masterclass
Successful places provide a setting for social life, enhance the economy, and support more sustainable lifestyles. This intensive training workshop will help you understand the key principles of urban design and develop you ability to appraise development proposals across a range of scales
* Develop your understanding of best practice in urban design
* Review a number of urban design exemplars
* Develop your urban design skills
* Understand how good urban design strengthens existing places and contributes to the success of new developments
* Strengthen your ability to appraise the quality of development proposals, testing your new skills by appraising and improving a scheme you are working on or are involved with
The workshop will be a benefit to local authority policy and development management officers, developers and housebuilders and consultants seeking to develop their urban design skills.
The session will be led by Noha Nasser. Noha is an architect, academic and social entrepreneur specialising in urban design, heritage, community development and social cohesion, and sustainability. Noha has over ten years experience developing and delivering courses in urban design and sustainability. She has been Course Director for the Masters in Urban Design at BCU, and has written and delivered many short courses for professionals, as well as community groups.